Structural Engineer - Statewide, Texas (Austin, Beaumont, Corpus Christi, Dallas, El Paso, McAllen, San Antonio)
Rimkus Consulting Group is a world leader in forensic engineering and consulting with more than 50 offices across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For the past 35 years, Rimkus Consulting Group has been dedicated to the timely resolution of accidents, claims, and legal disputes. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for incentives and advancement. In return, we ask that you bring energy, commitment, focus and, above all, a sense of enjoyment to your work.
Are you an experienced Structural Engineer looking for a new way to utilize your knowledge and experience? Are you looking for a job where every project offers new and different challenges? Would you like a flexible work schedule where your time is split between office work and being in the field? If so, we would like to speak with you about a fulfilling career in the exciting world of forensic engineering if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering degree or higher.
- P.E. required. Texas P.E. preferred, however will consider other candidates with a clear pathway to obtaining Texas P.E.
- 5+ years of experience as a civil/structural engineer.
- Project management and field investigation experience required.
- Must have high level of analytical skills and be a proficient technical writer and communicator.
- Work requires continual attention to detail with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with clients at all levels (e.g. internal and external).
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications and computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Must maintain a driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to areas located in proximity to your base location and overnight travel to support other regions as needed.
We are seeking Structural Engineers across the state to join our team of forensic experts whose principle duties will consist of cause and origin investigations relating to defects and failures of residential and commercial structures. You will conduct on-site, hands-on failure analysis and prepare detailed written reports of findings that illustrate the conclusions and opinions of the investigations.
Investigations include scene photography, collecting physical evidence and maintaining chain of custody, conducting investigations to document onsite condition and overseeing field-testing.
Learn about Rimkus at www.rimkus.com.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.