Current listed positions:
Structural Engineer/Project Manager - Round Rock
Engineering Project Manager - Dallas
Vice President, Structural Engineering
Posted March 30, 2017
Position: Structural Engineer/Project Manager
Company: Engineering 360
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Looking for growth and challenge that comes from working on a wide variety of projects. This is your opportunity to take your career from employee to partner.
Due to continued growth, Engineering 360, Inc. is looking for a Structural Engineer/ Project Manager to join our team located in Round Rock, TX. This is an exciting career where you will work on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy interacting with clients and staff working through analysis, design, and functionality for various building projects. You will work on projects that can range up to 20 million dollars and will be a collaborating member of the team working to continue to grow E360. This is your chance to expand your skill set and gain valuable industry experience by working on a diverse array of projects. E360 values your experience and cares about you and your professional future. In this position you will receive project management mentoring through hands on experience and. Enjoy learning from veterans with over 45 years of experience in the industry, and have the opportunity to grow to a level that you desire. Be a valued member of our experienced team in a relaxed and collaborative work environment.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation
- A top notch benefits package that includes: medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, short and long term disability and 401(k)
- Flexible work hours
The Firm: Engineering 360 (E360) established in 2010 is a structural engineering firm grown out of the success of other engineering firms with over 33 years of experience, and a mission to provide complete structural engineering services. Our approach to design has and will remain, from an analytical and practical perspective incorporating sound and innovative solutions to meet each project’s individual and unique needs. The talented team at E360 has combined their academic and professional achievements with their background and experience in construction to establish a consulting firm that produces workable solutions for successful projects. Engineering 360, Inc. provides a complete scope of structural engineering services encompassing the design of all types of wood, steel, masonry and concrete structures, as well as forensic services for the assessment and renovation of all types of building structures. E360’s success has always been in guiding clients through the process of achieving a sound economic structure through an aggressive, hardworking attitude. E360’s personnel are just that, aggressive in problem solving and innovative in providing unique solutions. Continual interface with the team and client results in a well-managed, economical project with minimal problems. Constant self-education eliminates "professional stagnation" and provides state-of-the-art design solutions. We at Engineering 360, Inc. understand that future success will be measured by how we provide solutions for today's projects.
- Degree in Structural Engineering related Curriculum
- Minimum of 4 years continuous engineering experience
- Licensed PE in Texas
- Project Management experience preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Send resume to admin@ENGR360.COM
Posted March 29, 2017
Position: Engineering Project Manager
Company: Watry Design, Inc.
Location: Dallas, Texas
From designing parking solutions for top tech and entertainment companies to incorporating the industry's latest automated parking solutions, Watry Design is constantly innovating. Using a unique, collaborative process developed over the firm’s 40 plus year legacy, we have completed over 1,000 parking projects. This approach and the Watry Design Team’s passion for parking have not only earned many prestigious awards, but more importantly have led to satisfied clients, such as Pixar, Stanford, BART, Kaiser, IKEA and Marriott. Remember “It’s not the journey... It’s the parking!”
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, talented, passionate team where initiative is rewarded? Watry Design, Inc. is an Architectural, Structural Engineering and Planning firm that not only fits that bill, but offers far more.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Project Manager with 7-10 years of experience to work in our Dallas office. This position works on diverse projects for the private sector, municipalities, transit agencies, universities, medical facilities and more.
If your interest is piqued, send your resume and cover letter.
Salary Range: based on experience
- Develop designs for projects and see them to completion
- Lead client meetings
- Develop, foster, and maintain strong relationships with present and potential clients
- Maintain and grow professional network
- Manage financial results on projects to the highest possible level
- Lead project status reporting
- Prepare proposals, including schedule, budget and scope
- Work with principal on contract negotiation with client
- Lead project technical coordination
- Lead project construction administration
- Assist and coordinate with Directors for project quality assurance/control
- Participate in staff allocation to projects
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Architectural, Civil, or Structural Engineering
- Engineering License or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of experience required
- Excellent leadership, management and supervision skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to negotiate people conflicts or solving people problems
- Excellent financial and accounting skills both firm wide and project focused
- Facilitation, team building and consensus building skills
- Excellent time management and ability to deal well with highly stressful situations
- Proficiency using Engineering software, including ETABS, RISA, and SAFE
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD, Revit
Are you up for it?
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “ENG PM TX”
Posted March 3, 2017
Position: Vice President, Structural Engineering
Location: Austin, Texas
Founded in 1990, our client is a full service engineering firm specializing in MEP, Structural, Civil and Transportation Engineering. The firm has grown steadily over the years, increasing staff and adding a second office in San Antonio in 2009. More recently our client has expanded the firm’s capabilities and service offerings, particularly in our civil and transportation practices. They provide big business services, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Their human and technical resources are second to none and many of their employees have achieved the highest certifications in their respective disciplines. We are on the cutting edge of the latest technologies and at the forefront of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and sustainable design.
Our client is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer with engineering and design experience in the following types of facilities: Commercial, Industrial, Governmental, Institutional, Infrastructure, Health Care, Educational and Recreational Buildings. This position manages staff development, production, quality, and financial performance of their Structural Department. This person reports directly to the CEO and works as a peer to Operations, MEP and Marketing Departments. This position also works directly with the CEO and Marketing to develop, implement and assess the adequacy of business development strategies and growth initiatives.
- Provide leadership in planning, directing and implementing an aggressive marketing/business plan to leverage existing relationships and develop new relationships to obtain additional work.
- Cross selling – introduce additional structural technical services to existing clients and support other technical departments in providing their services to existing clients.
- Help build a strong and effective team based upon the principles of quality, leadership and empowerment.
- Actively coach and mentor staff on the principles of project management excellence by serving as a role model for them with regards to scope & fee development, work plan development & execution, and schedule & QA/QC adherence.
- Responsible for 100% compliance with QA/QC process.
- Utilizing our various software management tools, this position is responsible for assessing and controlling the costs incurred by the department.
- Perform Structural analysis and design of Subterranean Structures, Retaining Walls, Buildings (Commercial, Governmental and Institutional) and Infrastructure Related Projects.
- Facilitate Structural design of engineering plans from preliminary through construction phases.
- Review plans and specifications for compliance with industry codes, standards and guidelines.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control reviews of the structural construction documents.
- Involved with review of RFI’s, submittals, and construction site visits during the construction phase.
- Take part in training of the EIT engineers and designers
- Provide high quality, proactive project management services to clientele.
- Responsible for scheduling / monitoring project budgeted hours, on time delivery of deliverables, and developing a professional relationship with clientele.
- Organize and maintain project documentation from start to completion.
- Communicate & coordinate effectively and professionally with project managers, internal staff, and contractors
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor Degree in Structural, Civil, and/or Architectural Engineering with emphasis on Structures
- Registered Professional Engineer in State of Texas or capable of being registered in Texas
- Minimum 10 years of engineering and design services and project management experience in progressively responsible roles in a multi-office private sector firm of similar size in the building construction engineering field.
- Established presence in the Central Texas marketplace with solid client relations
- Dynamic personality and approach to business development
- Broad range of experience in market sectors including Commercial, Civic, Infrastructure Residential, Hospitality, Healthcare and Education
- A track record of successful management of large-scale projects
- Familiar with building and design codes, standards and guidelines
- Maintains knowledge of best practices in technologies, products and services
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications
- Team Player with Positive Attitude
- Polished/Professional Demeanor
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Works well as a team member, providing support and coordination with team
- Excellent communication skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Our client offers a complete benefits package including health & dental insurance, vison, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and a 401(k).
As part of the standard hiring process, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
TO APPLY - Click here
HireBetter is a national consulting firm, specializing in talent management for emerging market companies. We partner with companies to help them attract and acquire top talent, plan for the growth of their business, and retain and optimize the performance of existing key players.
HireBetter knows that filling the right roles with the right people is far from simple. We’ve spent years developing a unique, partnership-based model for talent identification and assessment. We believe companies should be hiring the best person for them, not the first candidate who looks good on paper. We partner with our clients. We encourage them to utilize their own networks and internal referrals as well as our tried-and-true sourcing models. We start with a strategic consultation, deliver a customized list of candidates, and provide the project management expertise our clients need to efficiently work through the process until they know as well as we do that they are making a great hiring decision.
To learn more about HireBetter, please visit us online at www.HireBetter.com.'