Posted November 8, 2017
Structural Engineer – Austin, TX
P.E. Structural Consultants, Inc. (PESC) is an Austin-based firm specializing in structural design. PESC has career opportunities for experienced Structural Engineers with a background in bridge and transportation structures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in bridge design (experience with building structural design a plus).
- Proficient in design according to AASHTO; knowledge of IBC, ACI, AISC
- Familiar with TxDOT tools and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attitude of taking initiative, and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
Technical and managerial responsibilities will be dependent on experience level and will include but are not limited to:
- Produce detailed designs, plans, specifications, and cost estimates for bridges and other structures.
- Review construction documents for compliance with relevant codes and project directives.
- Coordinate with clients and owners.
- Mentor and train junior engineers.
- Manage all aspects of projects (develop project scope, fee, and schedule; coordinate design with CADD production; integrate structural design with other disciplines)
PESC is also looking for younger PEs with a background in bridge design.
Learn about PESC at www.pestructural.com. Please email resumes to email@example.com.